Please check back on June 2021 for more information!
Do you have an idea worth spreading?
TEDxAlpharettaWomen is all about ideas worth spreading. Our speakers are a diverse group of passionate women, communicators, and agents of change who bring ideas to life, make them memorable, and motivate others to take action. We carefully curate the topics and speakers for each event to ensure the most exciting and innovative ideas are featured on our stage and beyond.
We’re currently working hard behind the scenes to curate an inspirational line-up of speakers for this year’s events.
We look forward to hearing your ideas! Speaker applications and nominations process close by 30 Aug 2020.
There are many great resources to help you develop your idea before applying. Here are a few:
- TEDx illustrated speaker guide
- Official TEDx speaker guide
- Official TEDx content guidelines
- TED Talks: The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking (book)
- TED’s secret to great public speaking (video)
Check the FAQs below if you have some questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In curating our speaker lineup, we are looking to answer several questions, including:
- How does this idea affect our community?
- How does it scale to those watching online around the world?
- How does this idea relate to the existing library of talks on TED.com
- Is this speaker representing first party evidence?
- How does this fit in with our current theme?
- Submit an application
- Include original ideas and thoughts
- Consider what a simplified central idea that you have to share and how it can benefit both in person and online audiences
- Watch other TED and TEDx talks
- Be patient
- Propose to give a talk that you already have made or have given.
- Have a marketing or PR representative contact us on your behalf. We want speakers themselves to talk to us and often marketing language includes a lot of jargon that it rarely makes for a compelling application or nomination.
We value everyone who is pursuing ideas that are aimed at bettering our world. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to apply or nominate while they are already busy enough pursuing progress. Of course we only have so many spots, but our story has ongoing chapters and there is always a chance that it can work out in the future.
All speakers will receive an official invitation email with content guidelines, coaching commitments and a time designation. From there the collaborative and supportive process is clearly laid out by the TEDxAlpharettaWomen Speaker Curation Team. We may interview applicants before considering an invitation to speak. An interview does not guarantee a speaking engagement, but it does guarantee a conversation.